At Honey-Doers Roofing, we are not satisfied with the status quo. We are constantly seeking ways to improve the roofing services we offer our community. That means we stay on top of developments in roofing technology. We are passionate about putting our customers first and giving them exactly what they need with excellence and honesty.
All homeowners dread roof leaks, but they don’t always understand them. In this post, we are going to dispel some myths about roof leaks. There is nothing like accurate knowledge when it comes to lessening anxiety!
MYTH: Stains show up a long distance from the leak.
- Truth: Most leaks are very close to the resulting stains – usually directly above or just a few yards away.
MYTH: A ceiling stain always means you have a roof leak.
- Truth: Before you call a roofer, go ahead and check to make sure that the stain isn’t near your A/C ducts. There is a chance that your A/C’s pan is full of water the unit needs service.
MYTH: Water is intelligent.
- Truth: This one seems obvious, but many people treat water leaks like the moisture has the ability to plan its own paths. As a result, people try complex solutions that end up being expensive. Water is simple and the remedies should also be simple.
MYTH: A water stain on the wall means you have a roof leak.
- Truth: Your wall stain needs to be attached to a ceiling stain (especially at a corner) if you want to suspect your roof. If the stain is by the floor or windows, you should give a painter a call to improve your home’s waterproofing.
MYTH: Fiberglass insulation absorbs a lot of water and gets moldy before the water can reach your ceiling to make a stain.
- Truth: Fiberglass cannot absorb anything. The water from a roof leak will go around your insulation and go straight to your ceiling’s sheet rock. If you’re worried about mold, check the wood of your roof.
Roofs are made to last for decades, and they can last even longer if they are maintained correctly. At Honey-Doers, we know what it takes to keep a roof looking and acting young for years. We are experts at maintaining residential roofs and installing new. We are a Top Rated Local Roofer and have been recognized for our commitment to excellence. Contact us to learn more about our diverse range of specialities. We are ready to serve!