Running a household can be overwhelming sometimes! From kids to finances to your assets, there is always one more thing to take care of. The last thing you need is for your roof to give you trouble. If it does, you absolutely need a roofing contractor who will put you first and give you excellent roofing services. There is nothing worse than a repair project that stretches on for months because of incompetence.
In our last blog post on residential roofing, we addressed common questions that homeowners have about their buildings’ roofs. We believe that knowledge is power, and we want to empower you to make the best choices for your business. In this blog, we are going to answer a few more questions.
- Water is pooling on my roof and making me nervous. What can I do to get rid of it?
- You are right to be nervous. Even though it is usually impossible to eliminate all of the water on your roof, we can solve your ponding problems with tapered insulation and roof drains.
- What is an ice barrier or ice and water shield?
- Ice and water shield is a waterproofing shingle underlayment which is a special self-adhering waterproofing shingle underlayment designed to protect against water infiltration due to ice dams or wind-driven rain.
- What is an ice dam and how does it relate to my roof?
- Ice dams are a condition formed by the thawing and refreezing of melted snow, especially at the lower roof edge on the roof overhang and in gutters. This can cause water to pond and flow up and under shingles, causing leaks.
Do not settle for roofing services that are just good enough – Honey-Doers Roofing Services offers world-class roofing services for affordable prices. Please get in contact today for a free quote.